Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Junior Year

I'm sure that everybody has at least one or two of the same goals that I do, after all, I have several goals for myself this year. Like everyone else, I want good grades, great SAT scores and an internship that opens up new doors and leads me to great opportunities.

But I want my junior year to be more than just good grades and doing well academically. I want something that can often be a bit harder to reach. I want to make sure that I'm learning. There are times when people will ask me what I learned in school that day and I honestly can't say anything. I don't want there to be a single day that I can't respond. I want to be able to look at something and explain where it came from or how it was discovered because I learned about it in class and I never forgot it. I want to show off my projects and explain to people how complex the process was and they would be amazed.

But more than anything, I want the things I learned to stay with me all the way to the SATs.

What I want, not just from humanities class but from all of my classes, is serious help preparing for the SATs. I choke up around tests and I don't understand how the questions are written half the time, but I know that if I speak up and explain exactly what I need help with, I can have the best, most successful year of my life.

I am ready to learn, so let's make this a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment