Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Media Saves Mission Bay, Part Three

-What types of infections can you get from Mission Bay?
Recently, a lot of my friends have been contracting a staff infection called "MRSA". All of my friends are from my rowing club, so we aren't quite sure whether they got this infection from the water or from the rowing club itself, so I would like to further research the water at Mission Bay so that I can find out what all my friends and I should be doing to protect ourselves from this infection. I will test the water at Mission Bay and I will ask the coaches from my club what other infections/illnesses had gone around the club before.

-How often do people get sicknesses/infections from Mission Bay?
As I mentioned before, many of my friends have gotten sick from Mission Bay, so I would like to know how common this is. By finding out how many people actually get sick compared to how many people at my club have gotten sick should help give me some information about how all of my friends got sick. Was it really from Mission Bay, or is there another source that caused this issue?

-How do bacteria/viruses survive in water?
It's not just Mission Bay that people get illnesses from, so I want to know how the bacteria/viruses survives in the water and for how long it can survive. Do certain bacteria survive longer in salt water compared to fresh? Do motorboats and jet-skis affect the survival rate of these viruses/bacteria?

No comments:

Post a Comment