Thursday, March 4, 2010

Semester Two; Blog Ten

I think that The Grapes of Wrath definitely explained the pain that farmers went through during the dust-bowl. The entire time I was reading it I felt like my eyes were burning and I needed to cough up dust the entire time I read the first chapter, the description of the dust alone was so painful. I think that after chapters 1-4, you start to forget about, "Oh, those poor dust-bowl farmers" and you start thinking, "Oh, those poor people". The Grapes of Wrath makes you feel nothing but sympathetic, (for the most part) for every person in the story. Whether they are likable people or not, anybody who ended up losing their home due to the dust-bowl or any other aspect of the Great Depression, you can't help but feel sympathetic for them because they don't seem like characters, they seem real.

No comments:

Post a Comment