Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Semester Two; Blog Five

Shanna's Mentor Interview

I found Shanna's mentor interview interesting for one main reason. There was a portion about two to three paragraphs in that mentioned how the boss, the editors and the intern(s) all work in the same office. Even though this wasn't the main point to the interview, this still stuck out to me, the fact that the boss and the intern actually work right next to each other. I worked right next to my mentor and a few of the other employees as well, so I realized that I could mention that in my Ampersand article.

Click to read Shanna's mentor interview.


Osamah's Photo Essay

I really enjoyed the pictures in Osamah's photo essay. They were all really clean images that looked planned out. It didn't look like someone just clicked a button randomly to take a picture, they looked planned. They followed the rule of thirds well and there weren't any blurs or anything like that. They were all great quality, and I hope that the photos for both my own writing and all of the pieces are of the same quality.



Audrey's Photo Essay

I decided to take a look at Audrey's photo essay as well, something that I noticed about hers was that she really took light into consideration and she used it to improve the quality of her photos. Even though the writing is pretty much the most important part of Ampersand, other than the headlines, photos are the fastest way to grab a person's attention. When I looked at her photos, they had a quality that I liked, and that was probably her use of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment