Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Internship: Day Four

I am already having to use just a little bit of math and accounting since I have been assisting my mentor with bills and bank statements. Also, I have used my writing skills a little bit when trying to think of things to write on the company's Valentine's Day post-card.

I could work as an editor's assistant, (watching the final film to make sure there are no mistakes, making minor edits etc.). I already have worked with one of the employees when I helped them sort out slides and scan them. Also, I have been working with multiple people on the Valentine's Day mailer.

I have already used my Photoshop skills a lot at my internship. Also, I know quite a bit about Final Cut Pro which is a commonly used program at my internship site. I'm sure that there are several other skills that I could use there, but these two are probably the most useful.

I can definitely improve my film editing skills. I know how to edit pretty well, but I was never actually taught how to use Final Cut, everything I know about it was self-taught. Also, I think I can learn a lot about the pre-production stage of film, since a big portion of the film work I have done in the past was post-production.

I'm not actually sure of what my official project is yet. Most likely it will be on the computer, (ie. a film or something on their website etc.) so because of that I might be able to showcase my work on the computer, online, or possibly even on a television screen.

I have already made their Valentine's Day mailer, (since I know how to use Photoshop pretty well). Also, since I do know quite a bit about editing, I might be able to do minor edits to one of their projects. Hopefully I will be able to do something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment